Saturday, August 18, 2007

Getting wet in Wales...

A quick post to apologise in advance for the lack of blog action over the next week or so. In an hour I shall be jumping in the car for the long drive to North Wales for the annual family pilgrimage to the seaside village of Abersoch. It is set to be cold and wet so the jumpers and wellies are already packed but I'm optimistic and the swimsuit and suncream are in there too.

Unlikely I will have access to the internet, but I've lots to report on so if it is particularly rainy, I may be able to post. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to really good bara brith, fishing for and eating fresh mackerel, some good Welsh lamb, Welsh cakes, a slice of birthday cake next Sunday (Happy Birthday to me!), the feeling of salt on my skin, the view from Rhiw (go on, click the link - it is stunning), windswept walks at Hell's Mouth, the sound of the seagulls, a drink in the yacht club and the feeling of space.

Back on the 29th with lots of food to share....

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Wonderful Wales - hope your break was good. I look forward to more food etc. when you get back. Mx

Abitofafoodie said...

Thanks Margaret - it was a wonderful break and I was very sad to have to leave this morning. But plenty of good food to write about, so best get started!